Privacy Notice for Estate House, Commercial and Farm Tenancies and Leases, Garage Occupants, Allotment Holders and Holders of Wayleaves and Similar Agreements
This statement which is an appendix to your legal agreement is given in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and it describes how we will use and protect the information you provide to the Hospital of God at Greatham in relation to your occupation as a tenant or lessee of a Hospital of God property.
- The data controller is the Hospital of God a charitable company.
- The charity does not employ a data protection officer.
- Your data will only be used for the purposes of providing you with a property held under a tenancy agreement or lease or other property where we hold a legal interest.
- The Hospital of God has a legitimate interest in processing your data in order to ensure that its property services are effectively provided and to ensure that the charity’s interests are protected.
- The information we hold about you includes:
- Name, address and contact details of the tenant(s) or lessee(s) in the tenancy or lease agreement
- Information about your rent account
- Information about the proper conduct of your legal agreement
- Credit reference information provided by a credit reference agency
- The source of the data we hold on you is from yourself via the application process for a Hospital of God property or from the information we need in order to draw up a legal agreement for occupation or usage and from referees as necessary and information we may need to gather during the course of your occupancy for the proper conduct of your legal agreement
- The recipients of your data will be relevant staff within the Hospital of God and professional services or external agencies we may communicate with for reasons of the proper conduct of your legal agreement.
- We will keep your data for as long as you are a tenant or lessee of our property and retain your information for 6 months after you cease occupation except that we will retain any information for a longer period than this in accordance with any legal requirements.
- Each person upon whom we hold information has the rights contained in this notice.
- There are no transfers of your data outside of the United Kingdom.
- There is no automated decision making by the Hospital of God in relation to the property you occupy under an agreement with the organisation.
- Your information may also be visible to professional services employed by the Hospital of God such as our auditors or our information technology support services.
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and to rectify any data. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please write to The Director, The Hospital of God at Greatham, Estate Office, Greatham, Hartlepool, TS25 2HS.
- If you have a complaint about the way we hold your data you may complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose website is: https://ico.org.uk/ and whose address is: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
- We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time.
The Hospital of God
25th May 2018