Privacy Notice for Referees Providing References for Employment with The Hospital of God at Greatham
This statement is given in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and it describes how we will use and protect the information you provide to the Hospital of God at Greatham in relation to providing an employment reference to the Hospital of God.
- The data controller is the Hospital of God a charitable company.
- The charity does not employ a data protection officer.
- The purpose of holding this information is to enable the charity to make a request for a reference for a job applicant.
- The information that we will hold about you will include:
- Your name, contact details and professional position if appropriate
- Your relationship with the job applicant
- The users of the data held are appropriate Hospital of God staff, directors and managers who are involved in recruitment.
- Your data will be held for as long as is required to assess the reference subject’s application and thereafter for 6 months in the case of an unsuccessful candidate or the reference will be transferred with your data removed to the personal file of a successful applicant if this is a regulatory requirement.
- There are no data transfers outside of the United Kingdom.
- No automated processing of your data will take place.
- Your information may also be visible to professional services employed by the Hospital of God such as our auditors or our information technology support services.
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and to rectify any data. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please write to The Director, The Hospital of God at Greatham, Estate Office, Greatham, Hartlepool, TS25 2HS.
- If you have a complaint about the way we hold your data you may complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose website is: https://ico.org.uk/ and whose address is: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
- We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time.
The Hospital of God
25th May 2018